Tokyo Virtual Reality Arcade Experiences
High tech, high touch Tokyo is one of the best places in the world to experience the world of virtual reality. Here four great places in Tokyo for VR, including what is said to be the world’s largest VR arcade.
VR Zone Shinjuku
BANDAI NAMCO’s VR Zone recently opened (July 2017) in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo for a limited time. At the time of its opening it is said to be the world’s largest VR arcade. In the above video watch the Destructoid team try out Mario Kart VR.
Here are some of the VR experiences that were available at the time of this writing. Check out the current list of VR activities.
- Dragon Ball VR : Master the Kamehameha
- Mario Kart : Arcade GP VR
- Evangelion VR : The Throne of Souls
- Fishing VR : Gijiesta
- VR-AT Simulator : Armored Trooper Votoms Battling Dudes
- Gundam VR : Daiba Assault
- Extreme Courage Test Machine : Big Fear of Heights Experience
- Immersive Horror Room : Hospital Escape Terror
- Steep Downhill Ski Simlator : Ski Rodeo
- Futuristic Warfare Arena : Ghost in the Shell: Arise Stealth Hounds
The Sky Circus, located at the Sunshine 60 Observatory, is an “Aerial VR Experience” that includes:
- TOKYO BULLET FLIGHT
- SWING COASTER
- SKY ESCAPE～A High-altitude Terrifying Experience～
The Tokyo Bullet Flight and Swing Coaster are “4D” entertainment experiences that combine visual VR with sensations such as wind and dynamic movements.
And when you are through with your VR experience, you can check out the spectacular view of Tokyo (and on a clear day Mt. Fuji) from atop the observatory which is located 251 meters (823 ft) above sea level!
VR Park Tokyo
VR Park Tokyo is located on the fourth floor of the Adores Shibuya arcade and (at the time of this writing) offers VR experiences such as:
- Ghost Attackers VR
- Salomon’s Carpet VR
- Jungle Bungee VR
- T3R simulator
- John Wick Chronicles
- ICAROS : We Make You Fly
- The Curse-Noroi-VR
Check out the current list of VR activities.
Joypolis, Sega’s arcade park located in the Odaiba area, include VR attractions such as the popular free-roam multiplayer VR system, ZERO LATENCY VR.
Check out the current list of VR attractions.
READ MORE: Gamer’s Activity Guide to Tokyo